Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby on the way...


I was reading the Bible this morning and had revelation in Phillipians. I realized momentarily that with the news of a baby coming on facebook there was no chance I was writing about it on my blog today. (Save it for another day). My husband and I have been married almost a year... We found out a week and a half ago that we're having a baby. I had my suspicion, but a test and then a doctor confirmed.
I am full of emotion at the prospect of baring a child. I have always wanted to be a mother and have a big family (and I am 25 about time to get going). But this particular timing wasn't planned, nor was it a surprise. I am torn between true joy and fright. I have trusted God with the seasons of my life and He has never failed me. Now I am learning to trust Him with a whole other life, one that grows inside me. My husband and I are overjoyed that we've been given the honor of being parents. But I am sobered that a life long journey has just begun. Birthdays, family vacations, graduations, recital, games, education, awaits. More than that, the equipping and teaching of a little person about everything in life from how to wash hair, to how the eat veggies, to how to be kind to others. I know I will fail. I know I know I will fall short. But, by the grace of God I hope to be an encouraging mother who hopes for the world in her kids and supports them to reach the stars! I hope to be a beacon of love. I will love the name, mother.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be a GREAT mother!! Babies do not come with manuals, so you have to trust in yourself and God that you are making the right decisions for your child. There are ups and downs, but it's all worth every second of the experience!

    ~Angie~

    ReplyDelete