Monday, April 29, 2013
Stay at Home Mom
I have a desire to be the ideal housewife, a modern day June Cleaver. A woman with a well kept house and happy children. But my desire isn't strong enough to get me motivated. I only have one child, but between changings, feedings and comforting him, I am either eating, sleeping or trying to relax. I rarely find myself with the extra energy needed to clean. I put away dishes. I pick up. But I rarely do laundry, vacuum or dust. It's easy to condemn myself for NOT being June Cleaver. Or for not living up to my own hallow expectations. But self disappointment isn't profitable. I will end up feeling inadequate if I focus on what I didn't have time for. In stead, I must find joy in spending time with my baby and remember that he is my priority, my house is not. The problem is, that it is much easier to relax and enjoy myself in a clean environment. Finding the balance is the key. I love spending time with my son, as long as I keep that in sight, everything else grows dim in comparison. Relearning to enjoy my day with this new little person, and changing my expectations for myself is my new adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment