I move fluid, feeling the music surge through my body, like light shooting out my finger tips. I glow.
My feet feel the floor and become one with stability. I balance. When leaping I feel the floor is leaving me; I am not leaving it. I fly. I reach to the edges of my heart and soul through my finger tips and toes. I express my feelings. My whole self is thrown into the music, becoming an instrument itself. I sing. I spin and shoot across the floor. I travel. Some steps I know and choose into, others my body remembers. I create. As if a powerful wind takes charge I am thrown unto the floor and dipping, I come up again. I roll. Like the waves of the sea I dance up towards the sky, and down towards the earth. I want to be dynamic as my limbs weave in and out from my center. I use the space. My every desire is expressed in deeper ways than words can tell. My heart meets the beat of the music and tells the story. I speak. Every whimsical note tingles through my every part.
I stop and breathe, my breath is heavy and my eyes are closed. My heart feels free, flying, soaring above all trouble. I am in step with my self, at peace in my soul, and one with God and his creation.
I am new.
As if I've been drenched by a waterfall, I feel clean. All the stresses of life have fallen, now heavy, to the ground. And every time I wonder, why don't I do this more often?
That is how I feel, when I dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment