Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adam David Guerra LeJeune

My baby boy was born 3 days after his due date. The delivery took about 9 hours and with all the contractions I have had over the past few weeks, there was no pre-labor. From the moment the contractions started till the moment Adam was born they were only a couple minutes apart and very intense! I've got to say, labor was every bit as painful as one might imagine. But I am so thankful that everything went smoothly and naturally. The birthing center was great, although I only spent 2 hours in labor there. Almost all the laboring I did at home. My mom, Seth and my dula Andrea were my amazing support.
When I held Adam for the first time it seemed so unreal. We didn't even check to see if he was a boy or girl till after he was on my chest. I looked down at him and there was no mistaking, we had the boy we had imagined. Seth and I felt sure he would be a boy, although we didn't find out his sex prior to the birth. I'd have to say it didn't feel real till a couple days later... He really is my son and I am his mamma and he is the cutest baby in the world. I am a proud mamma.

He was born at 8:09 am on March 9th, 8 pounds 6 ounces, 20 inches long and beautiful.

His name is very special. Seth and I loved the name Adam and agreed it fit our first son, the first man. David (his first middle name) was chosen in honor of my "brother" Paul whose birth name name is David Paul. When I think of what an adventurer Paul was as a boy (and is today) I can only hope that Adam embraces the world with such courage and joy. Paul loves the Lord with all his heart and will be a good example of a man for Adam. Adam's second middle name is also my maiden name, Guerra. It means war in Spanish; and that is what I hope for Adam, that he become a warrior of light. Also, my father never had a son, in his honor our little boy carries on his name. Also Adam's father has two middle names and the second one is his mothers' maiden name. So in a special way he is also named after his father. 

I thank the Lord daily for such a precious gift He has trusted us with. A sweet little person to love and hold and teach in the way he should go. Our little family has grown. I look forward to many new memories...



No comments:

Post a Comment