Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Married

The beauty of "the perfect wedding" is in the tabloids. The romantic notion of two lives coming together is a worlds' old tradition that most of us love the idea of, at least. The white dress, the dance, the honeymoon, the house, the life. But the truth is, little is said about the beautiful challenge called marriage.
The M word.
The life long choice to love another through thick and thin. To deny oneself daily to pursue another and their heart, until death. Since our wedding day my husband and I have had a diverse set of challenges particular to us, who we are and what life has thrown at us, like a curve. Whether married or not, all of us have challenges in our lives. The ones we talk about, and the ones we don't.

When it comes to my marriage...
I'm a romantic idealist meets pessimistic realist. I find myself bouncing between the two sides like a ping pong ball in a master match. Marriage (for me) has been a balancing act between my hopes and dreams; and what is realistic for now. We are far below the poverty level. I have multiple health issues. My hubby is going to school to be a nurse. I start school in the autumn if I can get the financial aid stuff worked out and receive the scholarship I'm counting on.
The circumstances are less than ideal.
But the truth is I love our adventure. And that's what knowing him has really been about. It has been about choosing the more challenging, the more wonderful, the more frightening, the more painful but the more beautiful, adventure of a lifetime. It's not been easy. It's not even been simple...
However, the truth is...

I love him. I always will.
The amazingly miraculous part about this whole thing is; he loves me too. And we are willing to learn, grow, change, deny our own wishes and create a whole new world called, me and you, called us. Because Seth and I, we're married.

Happy Ten Months Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment